I can't believe the beauty that surrounds me everyday when I wake up. Living in a place where magnificent views are around every corner makes it that much easier to be swept away. This season has been beautiful for us! Not only with what has been going on outside and all around us, but also what has been going on inside of us as a couple!
The growth that we have gone through in just the past few months alone has been breath taking. It is almost as if my soul saw how beautiful the leaves are when they change and was envious. When I think about nature and the symbolism that is always surrounding us I find myself being swept away by what the Lord has given to us.
Today I was looking around while we were on a hike in the afternoon sun, which happens to be the time when I usually feel pretty tired, yet also happens to be the time of day when I think that the natural light painted by the sun can make everything look more beautiful than it already is. I began to think about the trees. Then my brain wondered to the leaves. Most of them are beginning to fall to the ground, but before the turned brown and fell to there resting place, they were shades and colors that are only here for a couple of months every year.
Now, this may be weird to most people, but my inner naturalist nerdy self started thinking about the leaves. Before you know it I was comparing my life right now the the leaves of Fall. I thought about how I started out just like a green, brightly colored bud and before long I was a fully budded leaf hanging there blowing in the breeze. Soon I started thinking that I was strong enough to go on alone, without the branches connecting me to the trunk of the tree which was where all of my strength and nutrients came from.
God is feeding me and giving me the strength to grow into the woman and wife that I can only be in Him. He feeds me through the roots that go deep into my being and make me who I am. When I disconnected myself from the Lord, I fell to the ground and began to dry up and slowly crumble.
This is a new day that the Lord has given to us and as this season of our lives begins to unfold before us I feel myself as a women and a wife as well as our relationship beginning to bloom into a beautiful new bud, one that I intend to nurture and cherish as it continues to grow into something amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I LOVE your thinking. You are a beautiful and deep and wonderful person, and I am thrilled to be able to get a peek into your soul through your blog. Yay!
ReplyDelete